
This past weekend I was able to fly to Nashville for a 36 hour kids free get away trip with my two best friends from college. I met Leslie & Julie on Friday night and we spent the 1 1/2 days shopping, eating, and catching up WITHOUT any of our normal everyday responsibilities. It was WONDERFUL!!! We owe all this to our wonderful husbands and mom's that encouraged us to go, kept the kids, and will allow us to do it again every year. I had only a couple melt downs before I left...it was my first time away from the boys overnight since they were born. After 5 intense weeks of Tad being in trial, it was such a nice break and really "re-charged" me to come back and keep it up for probably another month. I think Tad enjoyed the time with the boys too since he's been gone so much.
What did we do? Well we rented movies but never watched them b/c we talked too much. We went shopping in Franklin & had some great meals out. I also got my first sewing lesson from Leslie & Julie. I have no sewing experience, but these girls are great at it. While we were out, we bought a pattern, fabric, and supplies to make the boys an outfit and they turned out SO cute. Taking measurments of the boys over the phone actually turned out ok. They just fit and are only a little long...which we expected but I didn't want to make them too short. As soon as I finish hemming them and put on the buttons I'll post pictures. A HUGE THANK YOU to Leslie & Julie for basically making these and letting me "watch". My official duties kept changing. I did some cutting, some ironing, covered buttons, and was assigned the task of making brownies..which somehow Julie still ended up doing that.
Everytime I look at these outfits on or off the boys I will think of our trip and how special they are. We have 3 weeks until we go to the White House Easter Egg Roll in DC. We are so excited and still hopeful something will happen and Tad will be able to go along. We are so excited to see our best friend Jane & spend time with her.
I have no pictures from the weekend. We only took one of the 3 of us but Leslie has that on her camera...and we are waiting to get that emailed to us....PLEASE!!!
I set out in the rain today with the boys & stroller to do my civic duty and vote. It wasn't busy at 10:30 am. We went in this QUIET voting location and my boys said nothing. I couldn't even get them to say hello to the registration people. However after I was done at my station and we were leaving the boys SHOUTED out "BYE GUYS HAVE A GOOD DAY". Everyone - voters & workers burst out laughing. I just shook my head and pushed the stroller out of there as quick as I could. Did I mention it was extremely QUIET there.
Hope to post pictures soon.





4 comments:
I'm glad you got the weekend away, you deserve it. We'll catch up soon. I can't wait to see the boys!!! I wonder what they'll have to say to me?!? 3 weeks and counting...
I had so much fun and I am glad the outfits fit the boys. Send pictures soon. I love how we can just pick up right where we left off. I miss you already. Give your boys hugs for me.
How fun! I'm so glad you got some time away and good girl time with Julie and Leslie. I can't wait to see the outfits. Sewing can be addicting!
I'm so glad they fit! I can't wait ot see them on the boys! I had so much fun this past weekend-sure wish you guys lived here! I can't wait to do it again!
Post a Comment