Our friends John David & Annie gave the boys these cute bears for their birthday. They thought they should eat breakfast too. Connor (red pjs) Peyton (blue pjs)
Birth: December 2005
One Year Old: December 2006
Two Years Old: December 2007
Well once again I find myself doing a "summary" of the past events. This time that summary would have to include 2 busy months of travel, visitors, weeks of sickness (all of us) and birthday celebrations. For that reason I'll just start with the most recent as I've promised to get more updated photos of the boys on here. This past Wed. Dec. 12, the boys turned 2 years old. It still blows our mind that we have already had Connor & Peyton for 2 years. The time goes so fast, but we can still vividly remember so many things from the beginning and I hope that never changes.
The boys are so much fun these days. Most recently they tried (for the first time we know about) and succeed to climb out of the crib. So during what was "naptime", I found Peyton standing at the top of the stairs (and my heart sitting on my feet) when I looked up in disbelief. It was a very surreal moment b/c I had not heard even as much as a thump. That prompted us to do a quick change over that night to toddler beds. The past 2-3 weeks have been a new training session trying to get the boys to STAY in their beds. They LOVE to run back and forth to each others bed and turn their room into a circus. Last night at 4 am we heard Connor on the monitor wide awake in Peyton's bed w/ Peyton telling him to wake up. It is fun in the mornings to listen to them. Peyton is usually the first one awake and he crawls in Connor's bed, starts singing songs, and eventually starts telling him to wake up. Then they both start running between beds, looking out the window, and giggling over anything.
For their birthday we just had my parents over for dinner and I made the kids a Winnie the Pooh cake. Last night we took them to see a Winnie the Pooh play at a Children's theatre downtown my mom got us tickets to. They LOVED it. It kept their attention the whole 50 min. They also got to meet the characters after the show and their eyes were so wide with excitement. It was as much fun to watch the boys as it was the play.
This weekend we are snowed in. We took an early xmas present from my mom (snowboots) for the boys and are hoping to get the boys outside tomorrow. This will be their first time to play in the snow. Last year we decided to not let them know what they are missing. Their absolute favorite DVD right now is Frosty The Snowman. They call it "mo man" and ask to watch it at least 4 times a day (they don't). Anyway we'll try to build a "mo man" and see what they think.
We're also finally all healthy. Someone has been sick here since our Thanksgiving travels. We're anxious for family to arrive for the holidays. We traveled for Thanksgiving and saw the other half (I'll post our travels later). Our Christmas card is still in the works but they will be mailed soon (hopefully).





8 comments:
They are so cute! That has to be so much fun hearing them in the morning. I can just imagine the craziness of 2 changing over to toddler beds at the same time! Happy belated birthday, boys!!
I am so glad that you updated us. I have missed hearing about the boys. I love the story of them getting out of their beds and into the other to sing and talk. That is too cute. You need to tape it and post it. I am glad that yall are feeling better. I cannot believe that they are already two. They are precious. I love hearing about your life with twin boys. We are jealous of the snow. Maybe we can see you next week.
It was so good to see your comment...I'm fairly new to this blogging thing but it has been so much fun catching up on everyone & seeing so many old faces! Your boys are precious! Hope ya'll have a great christmas!! Robin
Hi Michelle! thanks for the sweet comments...I'm new to the whole 'blog' world. Your boys are just soooo cute!!! I love having my boys and couldn't imagine my life any other way. I just bookmarked your page and would love to follow your family. We have a lot in common!!! Take care and Happy new years too!!!
haha...how funny...small world huh? we actually conceived our boys on our 1 yr anniversary...did not think we would get pg that fast!! when did you find out it was twins? 20 wks for us...even bigger suprise!! :)
your boys are so cute! i loved hearing the story of them and their toddler beds!!! how fun to be able to listen to them over the monitor and be able to enjoy them having so much fun together!
Hey Michelle
I don't know if you remember me but I was a Kojie with you at Harding. Just happened upon your blog. Your boys are so cute:)
Lana Lee Moore
Did you add music to your blog?! Look at you!!! I can't wait to see the Christmas pics...
Post a Comment