Tuesday, January 08, 2008

We're finally on to something...maybe?

I shouldn't even jinx myself by putting this in writing but the boys may finally be on to something. For the past 2 days during naptime or bedtime they get into their beds, laydown, we stay there. Yes this is a huge step from where we've been ever since we switched to toddler beds. I guess the novelty of running back and forth to each other's bed is finally wearing off. So for the time being, I am getting some time back during the day and we are saving ourselves an hour or so in the evenings from "laying down" in their room. We are thankful for this.

Tad's work is full speed ahead now that January is here. The trial is scheduled for Feb. 4th. They are already working 7 days a week and most of those are well into the evening. The trial should last about 6 weeks so it looks like we'll get him back on a regular schedule come March. We're getting use to long days without him home at supper time. I don't know how prosecutors do it year round. I'm hopeful a case like this won't come across Tad's desk again for a while. I think he is too. Tonight we're going to meet our friends Amy & Ellie for dinner. It will do us some good to get out. Amy's husband works late at his store on Tues. so it works out well.

I'm working on blogging about the holidays. I uploaded all the pictures we took and I realized that my sister took most of them with her camera. She is burning me a cd so I can have copies too. We did get some snow before my sister's family went back to Florida. This was the first snow we actually let the boys go outside for. We figured they didn't know what they were missing. Well they loved it! They kept making snow angels- they learned that from a Max & Ruby video and now they still "pretend" to make them on the kitchen floor. Here are a few outside pictures.


Hope everyone's New Year is off to a good start.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Hey! So happy for an update! That's great news about staying in bed! I know you're glad!!! I'll call soon!

Harris Boys said...

omg, they are so cute in the snow!!! great news about the beds..I don't even want to start thinking about that..LOL

Anonymous said...

I love the new pictures. I love that they are making snow angels in your kitchen. That is great that everyone is sleeping better. I wish that we lived closer so we could keep busy together. I am looking forward for our weekend. Lets plan ASAP.