One special thing about the holidays in Missouri is the tradition of the gingerbread. This tradition started way before I entered the Morris family. Every year the cousins make something out of REAL gingerbread. We bake with Martha Stewart's recipe. Laura (another sister in law) is our "record keeper" with a scrapbook of all the events. I've been able to see memories from the years I wasn't around and the ideas have been such a wide range from a traditional gingerbread house, to stained glass laterns. This year, every child had their own "house". Stephanie helped make everyone's creation. We had a grocery store, a barn, a dog house, a starbucks, a sleigh, and 2 cottages. Our family stayed at Stephanie's and with Laura's help we assembled all these creations. What a memory!!! Honestly it is a great tradition. I was surprised how much Connor & Peyton got into decorating theirs. We just made cottages for them. Connor would help Tad line his roof with gumdrops and then once he had a roof full he would take his hand and swipe the entire thing clean. Both boys were a mess when it was over and went straight to the bathtub but that is what it is all about. I'm so glad we do this.
The Construction Phase:





The Finished Products:
Jacob's General Store: Hy-Vee

Conrad & Caden's Barn/Stable

Austin's Dog House

Connor's Cottage

Peyton's Cottage

And off to the bathtub

We all had a GREAT time!!!
1 comment:
Great job! I love looking back on those moments. Sometimes we forget to "enjoy the journey".
Thanks for the reminder.
Stephanie & Clark
Post a Comment