Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Flat Iron Dilemmas

CHI

OR
PAUL MITCHELL SMOOTHING IRON

?
Ok I need help from those of you using flat irons. I need to purchase a new one. I've read tons of reviews but I am more confused than before. The current salon I go to switched from the CHI to Paul Mitchell and said they think it is tons better. It also costs $160. I've seen the Paul Mitchell else where for about $130 and the Chi for as little as $80 up to $130 so what gives? Is it Salon Pricing or is it maybe not the same product?

6 comments:

Harris Boys said...

Hi Michelle...I got the chi flat iron for christmas from my in-laws and I love it!! the paid around $150 for mine. Happy shopping!!!!

Anonymous said...

I use the HAI "stick." It's the same size as the CHI and the P.M. one you show here, and I recall it being quite a bit less than the CHI. I think I paid around $90 several years ago. I don't use it daily, but it's lasted probably 5 years of sporadic use. Also, maybe ebay would have better prices? good luck!

Harris Boys said...

thanks for the comment back. I needed to get their shoes so I put them both on the couch and they just started laughing...I have NO idea why, but lucky for me I had my camera near by so I could capture a few shots. This doesn't happen very often. Usually one is walking away or crying :) I try to put them in the glider in their room if I want a 'good' picture and I usually will sing or try to get them to laugh. I've given up on getting cute shots :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle,

It's Lindsay, Jane's friend. I periodically look at your blog. Hopefully I'm not to stalker status yet, but your boys are sooo cute.

As for the flat iron, I have a Chi. It's ok, but not necessarily something I'd live without or tell everyone to go buy. I also wanted to let you know I used to wrap the cord around the end pretty tightly to store it in a drawer. This caused some of the wiring or whatever to break and ruined the flat iron. Just an FYI because any time you're spending that kind of money on a hair product it's no fun to have it break.

Good luck with the search!

The Smith Family said...

You have twins! How fun! They are adorable! Thanks for writing- it is so neat to get re-acquainted with old friends. Glad to see that you are doing well. Take care

Sarah said...

Hey Michelle, I ended up with a Solia. It was a little bit less than the CHI, but had better reviews. Seems like lots of people had trouble with the CHI breaking right after the warranty was up. I ended up finding a good deal on mine on a website called folica.com. It's crazy trying to research them b/c you realize there really are so many salon-grade brands out there. Good luck!