Monday, June 04, 2007

The Flu Bug Bites Us

Well the Flu offically hit the boys for the first time over the holiday weekend. We spent Friday night out with some friends for dinner with the boys and their daughter. Had a great time and then later that night - we experienced a whole new level of sickness with the boys. We thought reflux with both of them at the same time was bad...not hardly. Connor woke up covered in vomit and preceeded to be sick every 15 - 30 min. for the next 5 hours. Peyton helped us out a little by waiting until Connor was almost done. We only had about a 2 hour window where they both were getting sick at the same time. Anyway enough details. Our washer usually runs frequently- lets just say that this particular weekend it ran continuous for the entire day. We went through many many sheets, towels, clothes, etc. They bounced back by Sunday and then I took my turn from Tues. until Friday. Tad stayed home 2 days and my mom stayed with me on Friday. Tad managed to escape this time.

This past weekend was much better. Tad and I went out to the Muirfield Memorial PGA tournament. We had free passes from Tad's work for Saturday. There was a rain delay for a couple hours so we came home for a while and then went back in the evening. The tournament is 5 minutes away in my mom's new neighborhood so it was nice to be able to come and go easily. Then Tad got passes again for Sunday so he and a friend went out after church. I took the boys shopping while they were gone. Today is an ordinary Monday. The boys are now napping. Tad is flying out Wed. to help my brother move to Dallas and he'll be back Sunday night. I'm going to take the boys to visit my grandparents this weekend for my grandpa's birthday. Tomorrow (Tuesday) might be a zoo day. It is to be a high of only 70 degrees.

If you haven't checked out the website for Ethan Powell- you should. His parents are facing some critical decisions this week about what path they will take next. They had some disappointing news last week with his bone marrow 78% infected. Please keep praying for them. Also our friend Joe should be leaving this week for Iraq. Please keep him, Tonya (wife), Sophia, and Jade (their girls) in your prayers too.

I'll try and post more pictures soon..I will for sure have some after this next weekend.

Have a good one!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michelle, I am so sorry that yall got the flu. I have heard about lots of people getting that this time of year. I am sure it was great to have your mom so close to take care of the boys when your not feeling well. I hope Tad has a good trip to Dallas and I wish that you were coming with him. You will have to come soon and visit. Glad your doing better. I will call you soon.

Kristen OQ said...

The flu is the worst! Glad all of you have recovered and things are back to normal now.

Sarah said...

Oh Michelle, I'm so glad ya'll are better. That sounded awful. Have fun at the zoo!

Melissa Halford said...

UUUggghhhh....being sick with two stinks! We are going through that this week as well except we have a case of the hand, foot, mouth virus! I'm not sure if adults can get it but my throat was killing me this week as well. Oh to have a nanny on those days huh?