Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Bits & Pieces

We had a great weekend down at my grandparents. Tad was gone helping my brother move to Dallas so my mom and I took the boys to her parents house Saturday and Sunday. The boys did great traveling. On Saturday my mom and I took them swimming for the first time in my grandparents pool. They ended up loving it! We even did it again on Sunday. Then they took an exceptionally long nap so we helped my grandparents make homemade ice cream. It takes a while to make as much as we did so it was a huge help the boys slept. However, that long nap created a late bedtime- 11:15 pm so we were a little out of our minds by then. We did church on Sunday and then had lunch on the back screened porch for my grandpa's birthday. I made a birthday cake for him and it turned out great except after traveling 2 hours it started to crack- so I didn't take any pictures of my work. It tasted good but wasn't too pretty by then. Anyway, we had a slow Monday back home doing everyone's laundry and unpacking us and Tad. We just spent this morning (Tuesday) at the zoo with our friends Amy and Ellie. The boys came home and are taking another late nap- so we'll probably be up late again tonight.

We have another prayer request for everyone out there. Recently a couple at our church Ryan & Katrina Cook had a daughter born premature. She was 23 weeks and her name is Abby. She is in Children's Hospital and has some major hurdles to over come. We don't know them personally but we want to add them to our prayers and hope you will do the same. They have a blog that I linked on ours so you can check it out.

The boys go to the doctor tomorrow for their 18 mo. check up. We normally wouldn't have shots this time but they skipped them at 15 mo. because they were sick and we got into the whole nebulizer and had enough trauma from the breathing treatment experience. So I'll update again tomorrow with the boys stats. We are anxious to see how much they weigh.

More again tomorrow. Oh- I don't have any new pictures to post because Tad took the camera to Dallas but I have video and I just need to figure out how to do that. Hopefully soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that you got to spend time with your grandparents. It sounds like yall had a lot of fun. I bet they enjoy having the boys around. Did Tad burn up moving Brian? It got really hot here last weekend. I am so glad we got to catch up the other day on the phone. It is always good to hear from you. Hopefully we can see you soon. Jon says when we go to Ohio in September that we will get to stay awhile, so maybe we can get up there to see yall. HOpe the doctors visit goes good.