Thursday, February 22, 2007



We sure do miss warm weather. The boys keep looking out the screen porch and see their swings moving in the wind empty. I"m sure they wonder when they will get back outside. They enjoy watching the deer pass through our yard morning and night. There are usually at least 3 together but sometimes as many as 12. Today while the boys napped I worked on digging out our mailbox so the mailman can actually deliver the mail. I'm tired of watching for him and chasing him down across the court. Well, my efforts did get our mail delivered but it didn't help the mailman out b/c he got somewhat stuck in front of our house. He also had difficulties on the next 3 houses and didn't seem all that happy when he went back up the street. I'm sure he skips us all together tomorrow. I decided I should have left well enough alone and done something else while the boys slept. After all, it was a junk mail day only anyway.

Since we haven't emailed any pictures of the boys lately to many of you, I"m putting some pictures below of their birthday cake. We haven't uploaded recently pictures lately so that might be tomorrow's project. But for now here are some from December. Tad and I were quite proud that the homemade Mickey Mouse cake was a success. As for eating it...Peyton LOVES cake. Connor didn't have one bite. He's still not too fond of sweets- obviously not taking after his mother. More Later. Enjoy the pictures even though they are 2 mo. old.





5 comments:

Julie said...

I'm soo impressed with the cake! I can't believe you made that! I think you've found your calling! Thanks for the pics--they are precious!

Anonymous said...

I love the cake. It is precious. Do you think you could help me make a cinderella cake? I can not believe your skill. The boys are so cute. I am sure that they are busy. Talk to you soon. Keep posting. The mailman story is so funny and so you. I love it.

Anonymous said...

Please tell me how to post comments. I have no idea what I am doing

Anonymous said...

Ok I am OBSESSED with your blog. Keep it coming. I start work Monday, I just found out this morning. Ok I think I'm going to call you now...Love you! jane

Anonymous said...

I am a little behind but equally impressed!!! Did your hand hurt from making ALL those little stars?
Great job! You will be so glad you took the time to make it special for your boys. Talk to you soon.

Stephanie