In years past, friends of ours typically host an Oscar Night party where everyone in attendance fills out a ballot to predict the winners. It is a lot of fun and more of an excuse to eat "party" food and visit while watching. Tad and I actually won once with the most accurate ballot. However, since our boys were born and we are about 2 years behind on movies, we wouldn't stand a chance. Actually I love watching those award shows, mainly to see who wears what and who comes together. I just checked the nominees and I can honestly say I'll be watching again for the fashion element b/c I don't know much about any of them. We did see Pursuit of Happiness and Will Smith is nominated for best actor. It was a good movie but heavy. The only other movie nominated we know about was The Departed. I guess this is expected to win at least something b/c of the 5 nominees, but I did NOT like this movie. It lured us in b/c of all the big names but I don't know when I've seen a movie that disturbed me as much as that one did. The language, sex, and over all story line just wasn't what I anticipated or desired seeing. In fact, we were glad it was a renter to us instead of walking out of a theatre. Sorry to those who liked it. We don't mean to offend anyone, but I am embarrassed to say I even saw it. So anyone else into award shows? Any predictions on winners? I think the best part of this year's is that Ellen is hosting. I think she is hilarious.
Mail Call: For yesterday's readers, we did get our mail today- much to my surprise. Tad said I should put flowers sticking out of the mailbox to raise a white flag to the mail man. I didn't. Anyway HOPEFULLY it is to be 50 this weekend so some of this snow should melt. Hopefully too we are done with USPS trouble.
Attention all moms wanting to make character cakes: Let me assure all of you that the Mickey Mouse cake was easy. For those that complimented our work- Thank You. You should know though it isn't nearly as challenging as you may be thinking. Actually I think the trick to success is getting the cake out of the pan without losing the detail printed on it. If you can achieve that, then you can decorate between the lines. I remember my mom always made our birthday cakes when we were little so I wanted to try and start the tradition for my boys. Tad did help with the icing although he didn't want any pictures of evidence posted on the site. (I can say that b/c he usually doesn't read this)
This weekend we are hopeful that we're able to paint our foyer. For those of you who have been to our home, yes we are still living in most of the same colors of the previous owners. That's what happens when you get the kids on the way before you get the house. With the pregnancy and then their arrival we have not taken on too many projects around here. We hope to get the inside painted before we want to be outside this spring. We have the foyer, kitchen, and great room left. We also have that Monkey wallpaper to tackle in the guest bath, but we just leave that door shut. That is last.
The boys are down for their nap so I should get some things in order. I am working on some more recent pictures. We hope all of you have a great weekend.
Friday, February 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Oohh what color are you painting your foyer?
And on another note, I'm always most excited to see what Reese Witherspoon wears to the awards shows. She's so skinny now, anything would look good on her.
~jane
I love to see what everyone wears--I usually watch the pre-show--We haven't been to a movie in so long, I would be clueless on what to vote for! I would love to do an oscars party though--that sounds like so much fun! I understand about getting projects done around the house with kids! We have gotten all the painting done, but only b/c we found a cheap painter that did it all for us!
Post a Comment