Sunday, November 16, 2008

Time Goes By

It stuck me lately how quickly time seems to pass by. Another year is almost to an end. Everyone told us when we got married years go quickly and we heard it again when I was pregnant but people were right. It is an understatement that time flies. In a couple weeks the boys will turn 3. It seems like yesterday we were trying to get through colic and reflux. Now they say the funniest things and are developing quite different personalities from one another. We are entering the phase of toilet training- this is a testing of everyone's patience. It also seems to be a great stalling technique for bedtime.

My younger(only) brother is buying his first place. That doesn't seem possible. We went a couple weeks ago to check it out. It is a great condo development in Downtown. He's really excited about it. It is brand new, granite kitchen, great appliances, etc. I know he's going to love it. It will be really close to his work and we're still not going to be too far from him. We're so glad he is back in town with us. The boys love their Uncle Brian.

Sat. night Tad and I took the boys to rent movies. We came home w/ Cars and as we both sat there with a boy on our laps I was thinking how things blessed we are. I enjoyed watching their faces light up at different parts of the movie. To see how happy they were to have our attention, and excited about the movie just gave me such a blessed feeling we could all be together. Tad has worked so many long hours this year. He's worked 7 yrs w/o a trial and this year alone we've lived through 3 of them. I am hoping another case like this never comes through the bureau again...at least on his squad. We are sad we won't be able to travel to Kansas City for the holidays but we're looking forward to 2009 with no fraud trials.

We're anxious for my sister and her family to come up for Thanksgiving. Everytime we see the girls they have changed so much. The boys are excited for them to come play. I started the madness of the xmas shopping already. I've been out w/o kids and so thankful for that. I can't imagine taking them along. They pick up the store fliers that come to the house and walk around saying "mom mom mom look I can buy that?" They would be crazy in the stores right now.

We're curious what they will do w/ Santa. We're not sure if this year they will sit on Santa's lap for a picture or not. Right now when we see snow flurries outside they say "mom, its snowing, Christmas comes tomorrow". We have a long month ahead of ourselves I'm afraid. Anyway we already started reading Christmas books and they love to hear Frosty the Snowman on the radio.

That's about it for our quick update. Naptime is almost over...gotta run.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe they are almost 3 either and ready for potty training! They don't seem like they should be that big yet. We will miss you all over the holidays, and hope to see the boys before they change any more--they seem to have grown up so much since we saw them in the summer! :-)

Julie said...

It's hard to believe they are almost 3! They say the funniest things. You all have been busy! Miss you and hope to see you soon.

Marlene Skold said...

Dear Tad, Michelle, Connor and Peyton,
I am in Utah for the holiday. Staying a week with Marti and family. Kirstin is in NC for the holiday. She attends University there.
We have had a nice time. I was thrilled to go to the TV station with Marti. Enjoy your blog. Love to all.
Marti and I are going out so need to go get ready.
Love to all, Aunt Marlene

Anonymous said...

What a fun memory for your family!! We love the cars movie. We will have to get together soon. We miss you!!!