Monday, July 14, 2008

July seems to be going quick and Facebook

July seems to come and go each year so quickly. I guess b/c we get into our summer routine by then and also fill our days with family visiting and friends for playdates at the pool and parks. We were so lucky to have my brother home for almost 2 weeks. The boys love their Uncle Brian. They wouldn't leave him alone every time he was around. We had a cookout with my parents and Brian at our place and then went to see fireworks too. Last year the boys loved them so we thought this year we'd get closer and actually go down to where they let them off instead of just staying in our neighborhood. Not exactly the best idea. They were scared at the first one. We had to turn it into a game calling them rockets shooting up into the sky. Still I think Tad and I did more talking to the boys to calm them down than actually watching the fireworks but it was still fun to be with family. We are leaving for the beach in a couple weeks and Tad's work schedule freed up a bit that he can go along now too. We'll be meeting my sister and her family there. The cousins are going to have so much fun in the sand. Connor and Peyton would live outside if you let them. They love the sandbox, the parks, and playgrounds. I hope we have good weather and can take lots of pictures. That is about all that is going on here. Just playing and swimming these days.

One more thing. Tad and I joined facebook this past weekend. We love it. We have both found so many people from the past on it. We actually fired up the laptop so we both could get on the computers at the same time. I know we're nerds but that's ok. We're having fun.

5 comments:

Julie said...

Seems like more and more things turn into games to make them fun and get my kids to do what we want around here! I'm impressed about the facebook-you'll have to show me when I come!

Lana said...

A little late commenting but your wedding pictures are gorgeous. I also went private on my blog so if you want to read email me your email to lmoore75@yahoo.com

laura said...

Hope you have a great time at the beach!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I love your wedding pictures. I cannot believe that it has been 4 years. Can't wait to hear about your trip. Talk to you soon.