Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Wow- a fast summer

Hi blogger friends. It seems lately the time I spent blogging has gone to preparing for & spending time with company. We were blessed this summer to have many of our friends and family come through town. This worked out great because with Tad's case he's working on, we didn't have a chance to get away on vacation. Tad's brother Chuck & his family were here last week with us. Unfortunately we had some rainy days that kept us inside for the most part, but we were able to do the indoor pool, tour a chocolate factory, and a 1/2 day at the zoo. My brother came home again this past week for the Labor Day holiday and then we all are going to my grandparents on the weekend to see my aunt & uncle from Arkansas. Early next week Tad's other brother Clark will be coming to Columbus on business for several days so we look forward to visiting with him next.

A couple weekends ago I decided I would brave taking the boys by myself for a roadtrip to Cincinnati. It was only 2 hours away and I had made plans to meet up with some fun girls I went to grad school with . Katie was in from Chicago, and Brandi and Lisa both live there. The boys traveled great on the way down. We met everyone for lunch at Max & Erma's and then went to Lisa's house for more visiting. Well, that visit got cut short, b/c Peyton got sick as soon as we got back to her house. Within min. I realized he now had a fever and Lisa & I were quick to find the pharmacy for motrin. After medication, I decided it would be best if I started to drive home. I was thinking if we could make it home while they napped it would be alright. Well about 45 min. from home I called Tad to let him know things were good and the boys were still sleeping. 5 min. later, Peyton wakes up and begins vomitting in his carseat. I"m freaking out driving on the interstate with no one to help me. I pull over at the next exit to get him cleaned up, Connor starts crying only b/c Peyton is crying. So, it is time for a blue's clues dvd. That did the trick, although Peyton got sick again before we got home. He had this wierd bug that kept him sick and feverish until that evening and then was fine by morning. All in all it was a decent trip(flu bug considered). I loved seeing the girls and Brandi's boy Elliot. If only Peyton didn't cut our time short. It built my confidence that I could take them that far away alone and even handle sickness. Tad spent the day painting our kitchen red. It is almost finished and we love it.

Both boys came down with an ear infection this past week so they are now getting over that. Tad is in Florida on business for a couple days. I"m enjoying time with my brother and hoping the weather begins to cool down so we can get outside again. We still don't know about Harding's Homecoming. The judge was to rule on the continuance motion filed by the defense last week or so but didn't. We'll see what happens. I remain hopeful.

Hope you all are enjoying the last few days of summer. Our schools just started back this week so I lost some of my teacher friends again during the day. Buckeye football starts Saturday! Go Buckeyes!!!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Not sure what impresses me more - taking the boys on a trip alone while not losing your cool during a vomiting episode in route or your new job with Southern Living.