There are many projects around the house we've wanted to do since we moved in 2 years ago. Slowly we are crossing them off our list. Earlier this summer we changed the look of our house by painting our shutters from brown to black. We also got rid of an ugly rust color front door and painted it black too. Now our house is cream, lt. tan, and black. (I'll work on getting an updated picture). We also repainted our foyer changing it from mustard yellow to cream. That brings us to our most recent project- painting our family room. It has been a challenge to dive into it b/c being the central room of our house we struggle with moving furniture around as well as painting the vaulted walls especially along the stairs. Tad bought a Little Giant ladder a while ago at a home show and although quite expensive it is quite handy. In fact that is how we did the shutters ourselves. So now we have this room 1/2 completed. We are down to basically what the ladder will require. It already looks much cozier. We had builders white on the walls before and now they are taupe.
Last weekend I found the fabric for our kitchen curtains and I'm already getting excited about moving to the kitchen next. It will be painted red. It is funny how you get the bug to start all these things and it just seems like you can't get to them as fast as you want to. It will be nice to get rid of all these colors from the previous owners. For those of you who have been here- the monkey wallpaper in the guest bath is also slated to come down in the near future.
We have a lot of family cycling back through here again at the end of August and beginning of September so we are trying to make the most of these next few weekends. Oh and for those of you wondering..yes the deer head is coming down. It is a sad day for that Deer b/c it is making a permanent trip to the basement wall and we will be putting up an array of picture frames in its place. Super excited!!! No really, I didn't mind it but it is time for a change. I'll start taking some pictures to post when the rooms get done.
Oh and Tad just called with news about the trial. The judge said today he would rule by next Wed. if he would grant the continuance so those of you thinking about Harding's Homecoming..it is getting more probable we could make it. We are still searching for a room in Searcy though and might end up in Little Rock. We are hopeful to see many of you. Who's thinking about going? Let us know.
Hope you all have a good weekend. We'll be painting.
Friday, August 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
I read Dallas's blog, and several girls from Harding get together every year for a girls trip-We have to start doing this!! We need to just pick a place and go for a couple of days! Maybe by fall Leslie and I can leave the babies and we'll go!!!
I can't wait to see your pictures. I think there must be a redecorating bug going around. Once we got started on ours a few weeks ago, it was like I started seeing all the things we needed to do in our house and I wanted to do them right then. But bless you for doing that with the boys. That must be crazy!
And I'm 75% sure I'll be at homecoming. The only reason we won't be able to is if a bunch of family comes up for the Razorback game that day. I'll cross my fingers that Nathan won't have a project due that weekend so he can come too.
Sorry, just thought of one more thing. Christina moved to Little Rock recently, so maybe we can get her to come to Searcy too.
Post a Comment