Thursday, June 21, 2007

Father's Day- a little late

I had every intention of posting a tribute to Father's well before Father's Day but you know some times things get pushed aside these days. We had a great time celebrating Father's Day at my grandparents. Tad and I took the boys down early Sunday morning again and did church and lunch with my family at my grandparents. We are becoming regulars it seems visiting their church and I'm sure our own congregation wonders where else we placed membership. It has been weeks since we've seen our church family. Anyway it was a relaxing day. We grilled steaks and played with the boys in the pool. They loved their car floats- actually using them as intended. We missed celebrating with Tad's dad...distance is the enemy. His family all got together at his parents house.

I found this great picture of Tad and his dad Vern I wanted to include (from our wedding).


Being a father comes so naturally for Tad. He loves his boys and you can see him display that love daily in so many things he does. Here are only a few examples.
1. - Every morning Tad is anxious for the boys to get up before he leaves for work. Lately this hasn't worked out. They sleep in past 8 am and I am all for letting them sleep as late as possible because my lazy self gets up when they get up.
2. Tad calls us in the mornings and afternoons from work to see how our day is going and to talk to the boys.
3. Tad comes right home after work and walks in the door ready to see the boys.
4. Tad plays with the boys every evening, sometimes taking them for a bike ride alone to give me a break.
5. Tad gives the boys baths and is good at getting them ready for bed.
6. Tad has always helped with diaper duty- even the worst ones.
7. Tad takes his turns getting up with the boys in the middle of the night- (during the colic stage- this chore was huge).
8. Tad does a great job keep them by himself if I run out for errands.
9. Tad wrestles with the boys and gets them cracking up with laughter.
10. Tad can read them a story book, do puzzles or play with them and their toys and it is a picture that melts your heart.
( I think he's glad he's not playing dolls though)

Here are a few pictures of Tad with his sons over the past 18 months.






Thanks Tad for being a great father and husband. We love you and feel blessed.

4 comments:

Marlene Skold said...

Thanks, Michelle for changing my e-mail address. I am suppose to be cutting on Elizabeth's dress for the wedding. Have Alison's done except for the hems and to attach the crinoline ruffles that are pinned between the lining and the dress - instead of wearing a slip -makes the dress stand out nicely.
Need to finish cutting the dress and the jacket plus lining and then get started sewing.
I took time to clean some this morning and put everything away for Alison's dress. Nice to start with a clean sewing room, as well.
Your Father's day tribute is so great. It is wonderful to have the help and caring from Tad.
Have a great week. Thanks again for sharing. I like reading about your family.
Love to all of you, Aunt Marlene

Julie said...

You have such a sweet husband==I love all the pics! WE WILL TALK SOON!!

Unknown said...

He sounds like a wonderful man. Wish we oould meet him in person. Once again, those boys are so cute. Jennifer

Sarah said...

What a great post. I would so love to meet Tad. I'm so glad you guys have each other!