Monday, May 07, 2007

Prayer Request, Garage Sales & A little of this and that

It has been a while since we last posted anything. It is challenging to find computer time lately. My grandfather, Ralph, is in the hospital right now. He will be 87 in June. His heart is out of rhythm so they tried a medicine to see if that would help. So far it hasn't. The cardiologist is going to shock his heart tomorrow Tues. at 1:30 (which he isn't looking forward to) and we are all praying that works. He will most likely stay in the hospital for another few days after that. He's been in there since Wed. last week and I'm sure he's tired of it. Please keep him and my grandmother in your prayers. The most fearful thing about the heart not beating in rhythm is the development of clots in the heart. Fortunately he doesn't have those right now.

We had my sister's family up from Florida to visit all last week. I can't believe how big their girls are getting. Kylie is 4 and Kenzie is turning 2 this month. It is quite different and fun to have girls around. Tad and I made the observation that we have quite a selection of trucks, cars, farm stuff, etc. Tad (jokingly) thinks we should hope for having a boy next time because we wouldn't have to invest in all the dolls, my little ponys, etc." but I personally hope we need to buy those things someday. We all had a good time. We spent 2 days at the zoo. It's nice the zoo is only 5 min. away and we have a season pass so you can make short trips and go back more than once.

I'm anxious to buy another stroller. Of course we already have 3 so you'd think we'd be set, but we didn't research the jogger very well and we should have bought it with a swivel front wheel. It makes all the difference. Now that the boys are almost 30 pounds each (yes they are chunks) it makes wrestling that jogger seem like a beast. When I come home from a day at the zoo with it my arms are screaming with pain. We are hoping to order a new schwinn this week that has the swivel and then I'll be more excited about getting out for walks.

My new favorite hobby is garage sales. Yes I am quite the garage sale fanatic. My sister and I had a great time scouting the sales out the night before they are listed in the paper. There were 3 neighborhoods listed for Friday morning so we were able to drive around Thurs. and actually shop at a couple. Then on Friday morning we were there 1 hour early and people let us shop early. We looked like we were on The Amazing Race, darting through the neighborhood in the black odessy, running up driveways, back to the car, etc.. We hit every house (about 16 or 20) by 9:08 am and the sale was to start at 9 am. Anyway, we felt quite proud. It does pay to go early. Among the treasures were a Little Tikes herbie car, a Little Tikes ride on bike, a "roller coaster" for the yard-( I actually didn't know what this was, but my sister said I wanted it and the boys love it)!, a Little Tikes gas pump, Little People animal zoo, and other misc. fisher price small toys. I only buy plastic stuff you can wash with clorox water, but I'm pleased to say we got all of those for no more than $5.00 each and everything is in great shape. Our neighborhood and my friend Susan's neighborhood is having one at the end of the month so you can bet I'll be at it again. I'm looking next for the Little Tikes plastic picnic table. You can't beat a good sale, especially when it is in good shape and your kids are only going to use this stuff for such a short time.

The boys are working on their 2nd set of molars.. These by far are the worst teeth yet. They each have 10 teeth already and the same ones too. We are back to several shirts a day b/c of all the drool, which reminds us of the reflux days. They wear bibs constantly. Anyway the boys aren't sleeping well and so Tylenol is our best friend this week.

Thanks for the prayers for my grandfather. We hope you all have a great week. I hope to post pictures from the week with cousins soon.

4 comments:

Melissa Halford said...

Couple of things....for a stroller, I HIGHLY recommend the Maclaren Twin Techno. It is the best investment we made. And the teething I am right there with you. I see where your boys had reflux as well. When did it end? Keaton spits up all day long and I am counting down the days til that ends!

Tad and Michelle said...

Melissa, thanks for the stroller recommendation. We haven't ordered one yet so I"ll check that out. Yes, both boys had reflux and it was horrible. The doctor told us it usually doesn't go away until they start walking pretty steadily b/c they are more constantly in the upright position. Appearently by the time they are walking, whatever underdeveloped organ or digestive part causes it should be mature by then. We tried Zantac on them both but didn't see any difference so we stopped that. For us, this held true. We thought once they started solids it would stay down more...not the case, it took until they started walking which was at 11 or 12 month. We did add oatmeal cereal to their bottles from early on which did help some, but they still spit up lots. We washed SO many clothes daily for them...ok we still do. Hang in there. Be glad you don't have colic with it...ours did that too for the 1st 3 months.

Sarah said...

Michelle, we will be praying for your grandfather. Memom had to have the same thing done a couple of years ago. I don't think she enjoyed the shock, but once they did it, it's stayed on rhythm ever since. So I'll pray it's the same way for him.
Your garage-saling (I think I just made that word up?) sounded like so much fun. I so agree...why buy it new when you can get it for so much cheaper and have an adventure at the same time!

Julie said...

Hey! I hate we keep missing each other--I'll e-mail you my home #-it's easier to reach me on that. I'll be praying for your grandfather.
I understand the stroller thing--I took the girls out in the double stroller and that thing is massive! Ofcourse you've been doing that from day one! I hope to talk to you soon!