Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The past few weeks

It seems this time of year there is so much to do outside to get ready for summer. This weekend we picked up mulch and got 2 major areas of our back yard weeded out and mulched. We still have everything up around the house yet to do- trim, mulch, and plant flowers. We hope to knock out a big chunk of it this weekend with Tad off on Monday. We also hope at some point to paint our shutters and front door black- (after 2 years of living here) and find a black bench for the front porch.

The boys LOVE being outside. In more garage sales this weekend I found another little Tikes bubble car only it was yellow & teal- I know probably the girl version, but they are hard to find at a cheap price so I got it anyway. Well on Saturday we put the 2 cars, the roller coaster, and the bubble mowers in the backyard to try and entertain the boys while we worked. They don't understand how to use the cars with their feet but they stay entertained with climbing in and out of them. Anyway, we had a little bit of a scuffle between the boys. It seemed that both wanted the new car and decided that they would push each other out of the way to take a turn. We saw lots of pouting from both of them if they didn't get their way. They also are intrigued with the little fountain/pond in the landscape but so far they aren't trying to climb up the mulch to get into it. They LOVE swinging too. They were outside for quite a while but we still had tears when it was time to get them inside for a bath. They still have to stay on the screened porch during the day until Tad is home to help us in the yard- they go different directions and one person can't keep up with them.

Peyton really thinks Connor should let him have this car.

Peyton decides to run away pouting.

Finally everyone is happy in a car.

For Mother's Day we were able to travel to my grandmother's house. We had a great lunch with family and then helped them outside for a little bit. The boys did great. Their yard is huge so the boys can run around and do great in their front yard without too much trouble. We took a few pictures before we left but the boys were already loaded in the van so we didn't include them.
The boys loved my grandparents beanbag. They watched a movie without even moving.

Three Moms- remember we were working outside before this picture- I am brave to post these of us.



Finally, we learned on Sunday that a member of our church, Joe, is leaving for Iraq June 10th. Sunday was his last time there b/c he has to report somewhere this coming weekend. I believe he is in the reserves. Joe and his wife Tonya are such great Christians and have 2 young daughters. They always have people into their home, they help so many people out, they are so involved in our church. Joe will be deployed until the end of October. They are such a close family. Please keep them all in your prayers. We will miss him.

Have a good holiday weekend coming up if I don't post before then.

6 comments:

Marlene Skold said...

What a great story and pictures. It is so fun to see the pictures of the boys. I wish I could see them.
I am sewing the muslin pattern for the bridesmaid dresses for Caroline's wedding (grandaughter in Scotland). Best I get busy. More later.
Marti has a blog on her station site. abc4.com

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures. The boys are so cute. That is to funny that they are fighting. I am sure you do not think it is so funny. They are going to be so fun to watch grow up. I love the pictures of your yard. It looks great. We are trying to get ours to look that way. Have a great holiday weekend.

Julie said...

I love the pics too--The bean bag one is so cute-I'm sure that makes you want to get one for your house! I'm impressed you're working in the yard-We still haven't gotten our mulch! I would love to watch those 2 together! I'm sure there's never a dull moment at your house!

Tesney said...

Hey Michelle! This is Tesney (Pearce) Davis...went to HU and was in Kojies when you were there. Anyway, I found your blog via Melissa Halford. Your boys are so cute! I am a yard sale junkie and I just bought 3 Little Tykes toys a couple of weekends ago...picnic table, slide, and playhouse...all for $35! I was pumped. Your family is beautiful and I'm glad to find you!

Julie said...

I'm so sorry they both got sick! It's so sad when they don't feel good--I'm glad they're feeling better--We leave for FL in the morning-I'll try to call you while we're there-Happy Memorial Day!

Sarah said...

It looks like you guys need a bean bag. They look so cute and chilled out in it! I'm going to some garage sales tomorrow morning and will think of you!