Friday, March 30, 2007

Reconnecting

It is amazing since I started this blog how many people from years past I recently found. So many people come in and out of our lives and it seems with how busy everyone is today it is hard to stay connected from a distance. Don't get me wrong, some friendships have a natural way of staying close. There are those you can go months without talking but when you get together or when you take time for a phone call it seems like no time has past at all. You just pick up where you left off and it feels as if you saw each other yesterday. Then there are those people you wonder what ever happened to ______. How fun it is to actually find out. It seems you always cross someone's path with a connection to Harding. You either run into someone who knows a mutual person with you, or you go somewhere and cross a friend's path.

When I started this, I thought I'd use it as a way to stay in touch with a couple of my close friends and share pictures of our children since we are all in 3 different states. Now I've found old roomates, college friends, and some people I knew who they were but never really knew them. Plus my in-laws and sister's family can read about our craziness for those times between phone calls. One story I stumbled upon is about Suzanne, a former Harding student who is having Quads. Unbelievable. It is so fun to read her site. I knew who she was at Harding but didn't know her. She is so good with updates on her blog. Please keep praying for her and her 4 babies.

We're hoping for a sunny day tomorrow, like today. Its beautiful outside. We have our egg hunt tomorrow at 2 pm. It is at our church and then there is one in the neighborhood too. I"m not sure we'll make both. I'll try to post pictures afterwards. I'm not sure the boys are wearing their easter outfits incase it is muddy. We might just be in our casual pants and shirts so they don't ruin the outfits for next weekend.

No comments: